Monday, July 4, 2005

Fun on the Fourth of July

The 4th of July was pretty fun.

To start off, my family went to Pacifica to buy fireworks. This is something we hadn't done in years. We only spent $10 because fireworks aren't cheap in California, but it was more than enough.

Later in the evening, Dad and I cooked some corn on the cob on our rusty old grill that we hadn't touched in ages. However, time had taken its toll: the grill broke apart as soon as we finished cleaning it. Let's just say we probably won't be using it again.

I lit the fireworks after the sun went down. This was the best part of the evening even though we only had a small bag. The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays for this reason.

The not-so-fun part is that I had to return to Berkeley afterwards. It was almost midnight when I got back to Unit 2 because we didn't leave our house until 10 p.m. I'm not going to lie - an extra day off or two would have been nice. In any case, I hope you all had a nice and safe 4th of July weekend!

In other news...

The impactor from the Deep Impact spacecraft hit the comet Tempel 1 this morning. That was definitely really cool.

Currently listening to: The Instruments of Classical Music: The Harpsichord

No comments:

Post a Comment