Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy birthday, Cathy!

So my cousin Cathy just turned 20 years old. The nice thing is that she invited me to her party at Memorial Park in Cupertino. This was quite exciting as I hadn't been to a birthday party in ages.

Memorial Park had changed a lot since my last visit 15 years ago. It had become much bigger, and most of the pavement has been replaced with grass. One of my childhood memories was feeding the pigeons and ducks at the pond. The pigeons have largely disappeared ever since visitors were asked not to feed the birds, although the ducks were still present. On the whole, the park looks much better now.

The party itself was lots of fun. I was the second earliest to arrive, but Cathy's other friends soon started showed up. There were about 25 people in total, many of whom brought food to share. Mom was more than happy to contribute her famous homemade bread. I had a great time chatting with my cousin's friends, some of whom were rather attractive. ^_^

There was a solar eclipse later in the afternoon; the fact that it coincided with Cathy's birthday was pretty awesome. I even brought my Celestron binoculars to project the eclipse for safe viewing. Cathy and her friends definitely thought it was cool. Of course, all good things must end: I left with Mom shortly afterwards as she was feeling tired and that I had a 6 p.m. conference call.

The call turned out to be canceled, leaving lots of free time to observe the eclipse. The party and the solar eclipse made today really exciting. I was busy talking to Cathy's hot friends and didn't take too many pictures at the gathering, but you can see my eclipse shots here.

Currently watching: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

No comments:

Post a Comment