Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day weekend report

I took my parents out to lunch for the first time ever this weekend. It was quite a special experience!

Saturday was a busy day as I mostly helped out in the garden. Dad is putting up nets as my mother wants to protect the vegetables from birds. The first step was to install the supports. This took up the morning and afternoon, but we got most of it done.

The highlight of the Mother's Day weekend was treating my parents to lunch. I took them to Sino, an Asian fusion restaurant at Santana Row in San Jose. Because I had a $100 gift card to that place, Mom figured this was the perfect time to use it up. I owe my gratitude to my boss Bing at Cisco as she gave me the gift card a few weeks ago.

Service was relatively fast despite the crowd. The entrées were slightly overcooked, but the dim sum and dessert were really good. One thing that caught my eye were the hot hostesses. I couldn't resist flirting chatting with them while waiting for the food. Of course, that's as far as I went because they probably get hit on all the time. ^_^

You can see pictures from the lunch on Flickr. This is definitely something I want to do again. This reminds me - Father's Day is next month. I'm looking forward to it for sure.

After we got home, I helped Dad with yard work for the rest of the afternoon. The good news is that we got the poles and wires in place. All we need now are the nets!

No comments:

Post a Comment