Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July report

The 4th of July was pretty awesome as we had a little party before going to an amazing concert!

Party report

You may recall that our family friend Kitty invited us to their house for a barbecue on the 26th. To return the favor, my parents had the Jaus and two of their relatives over for lunch. Mom made lots of food, all of which was delicious. Though Lawrence had to leave early for personal reasons, the other guests stayed for several hours.

Symphony and fireworks

The three of us headed to Shoreline Amphitheatre for the 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular with the San Francisco Symphony after a short rest. At first we thought it would be all classical music, but there were hits from various genres. The best part was when the Star Wars theme came on during the fireworks. That was an incredible experience.

As an added bonus, the orchestra played several more pieces that weren't on the program. The event concluded with a raffle drawing. That was pretty fun even though we didn't win anything. Due to traffic in the area, my parents and I didn't get home until just past midnight!

Follow-up on the fake FBI guy

I recently contacted the FBI and the Santa Cruz County Sheriff to ask whether the "FBI agent" at Roaring Camp was legit. However, because neither agency has responded, I went ahead and filed a report with both of them. I've also sent a copy to the Santa Cruz Police Department for good measure. Here's to hoping the guy gets caught. It's funny that I'm doing America a favor on her birthday by reporting a fake federal agent.

All that having been said, I hope to attend the Moonlight Train Dinner Party again to make up for what happened last month. Mom isn't too keen on the idea, but I'm sure it would make a great date. If only I wasn't single. :-)

Even though that guy ruined our evening, the concert definitely made everything better. The other good news is that we're heading to Riverside again after a good night's sleep. I'm super excited!

Currently listening to: "Bright Eyes" by Art Garfunkel

Historical note: Pictures from the party and the concert are on my Flickr account. A video of the fireworks is available on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment