Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Congratulations, President-elect Obama!

While I normally don't write about politics on this blog, I'm thrilled to learn that Sen. Obama will be the next President of the United States. America has made history by electing its first African-American president. Eight years of Bush is more than enough, so this is certainly nice for a change.

On the other hand, McCain gave an amazing concession speech. I wish more politicians would follow his example. I'm aware that some of his supporters are upset about the results, but the world isn't going to end simply because their candidate of choice didn't win. At least I hope not!

Some people from our residential unit gathered in the TV lounge to watch the election. There was a strong sense of patriotism after the election was called. I saw someone hang an American flag from the window and also heard others blasting patriotic music. If only fireworks were legal here. :-)

In any case, here's to hoping the next four years will be better than how the last eight went!

Currently listening to: Independence Day soundtrack - "End Titles"

No comments:

Post a Comment