Thursday, August 17, 2006

summer school is over!

The summer session at Berkeley has ended. English N1A was challenging but not too bad otherwise.

For a start, there were no midterms or finals. One reason I hated secondary school literature classes is that teachers would often give us reading quizzes. While the writing assignments in English N1A proved to be time-consuming, they were better than memorizing stuff for pointless tests. On the whole, I'm confident I did well in the class.

I dropped CS 61A again as the pace was a little too fast for me. That means I'll have to take it in the fall, but I'll worry about that when the time comes. In any case, I'm glad summer school is over.

In other news...

1. There was a dance at Unit 2 on the 8th. Although attendance was low at first, the event turned out to be quite fun. You can read my review of it here. I also went to two other dances this summer, but nobody actually danced at either of them. Strange.

2. Dad is planning to take us to far Northern California again over the weekend. Sweet!

Currently reading: Looking Backward by Edward Bellamy

No comments:

Post a Comment